Thursday, October 7, 2010

On the subject of food.

I am hungry because, once again, I didn't eat dinner. Sometimes I forget to eat. Most times, I'm just not hungry.

This little fact really worries me. I love food, I love eating. My dad enjoys cooking and baking and really instilled a love of food in me as I was growing up. Like most children, I was a picky eater. Now, I will eat almost anything. When I feel like eating, that is. Some days, I wake up at 6 a.m. and won't eat until 5 p.m., and that's mostly out of necessity. My stomach may not say I'm hungry, but my head will start hurting and the only way to make it stop is with food.

Other days, it's like I can't stop eating. All I can think about is food and I never feel full. I try to fill up all the empty space inside of me with whatever food is at my disposal. Of course, it doesn't work, and the next day I don't feel like eating at all.

I want to eat like a normal person. Why is it so hard?

No comments:

Post a Comment